Saturday, September 8, 2012

Beautiful Creatures


I am currently reading Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.  I chose this book because the years I lived in the South have made me somewhat partial to stories that take place there, and I enjoy a little bit of the supernatural thrown in with a my romance.  The main character, Ethan, is irresistibly drawn to the mysterious new girl in their school in a small South Carolina town.  It turns out their strange connection has to do with two of their ancestors who had fallen in love during the Civil War.  Their romance ended tragically, and Ethan and Lena are somehow experiencing visions of how this tragedy unfolded.  Lena, it turns out, comes from a long line of Casters (as in spell-casters).  She is tormented by fears of what is to come on her 16th birthday - when her fate will be decided for her.  That is the day that she will be chosen by the darkside or the light - she has no control over which side claims her. 

That is as far as I have read so far, but I hope to finish it today.  Since I downloaded the book on my android, I didn't realize it was over 500 pages until I was halfway through!  Oh well, it is a great read so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment